I am an Amazon Affiliate and Safari Ltd Campaign Blogger. Read my disclosure policy for more information.
Saturday, November 28, 2015
H is for Harvest (year 2, week 12)
It's Thanksgiving Week! I had a bunch of activities planned, but our week didn't go as planned at all!
We're sick again and Daddy came home sick today so we didn't get any Mommy School done. Instead, I spent a few hours packing and sorting things from our upcoming move.
Today was our first snowfall of the year. The kids spent most of the day running around outside and taking warm baths.
We had a very busy day looking at houses with all three kid and our realtor. After we got home, we finally did a bit of Mommy School. We played with Indian Corn that I had bought at the Farmer's Market this fall.
Update (Dec. 10, 2015)- The kids were so surprised to see that the "dead," dried out Indian corn spouted. They excitedly announced, "They're seeds!"
- Thanksgiving spelling game
- scarecrow printables
- parts of a turkey
- CVC word family game
- letter matching game
- Thanksgiving roll and cover
- Thanksgiving matching game
- corn vs popcorn experiment
- popcorn popping video
- thankfulness pie
- cornmeal play dough
- thanksgiving writing tray
- carving arrowheads
- how cranberries are grown video
- indian corn necklace
- grinding corn
- rolling napkins
- Pilgrim/Mayflower video
- Thanksgiving dinner manners practice
- exploring grains
- how it's made: cranberries
- The Berenstains Bears Thanksgiving Blessings
- Thanksgiving on Plymouth Plantation
- All About Turkeys
- Thanksgiving Day Alphabet
- Thanksgiving Day Thanks
Follow In Our Pond's board "H is for Harvest" on Pinterest.
Labels: 2nd year of homeschool